Sunday, June 17, 2012

Corner Canyon - The after work special.


Lately Corner Canyon in Sandy has served as the place for mot of my after work rides as it is convenient, fairly close to the freeway and offers various one hour 7-8 mile loops which are perfect for a quick ride. 

This Saturday however, I was fighting a cold, so I decided to hit it up again as the more mild grade allows me to bike and still not have to push it hard and Guthrie was doing another race at  Wolf Mountain resort. I decided to do the entire Ann's trail from the Mike Weir trail head, down Clark's and return via the BST. It is a good 11 mile loop, although mostly all in the Sun. 

New to the trails are signs informing people about the new website Corner Canyon Trails. When I returned home I found the website. It has info about the trails and upcoming Events, like this;

 "Trek’s Factory Demo Rep for the Northwest will be setting up shop in the Equestrian Center parking lot on June 23rd from 10am to 3pm for free bicycle test rides. Here’s the link: SLC Shred fest-Draper"

That's right, free Trek demos this Saturday at the Equestrian Center Parking lot. I doubt I will be there as we're looking to do a big ride Saturday like Strawberry ridge or the Blackhawk trail in Payson canyon. But Trek is coming to Sandy, that's pretty sweet.

I am still convinced Utah is one of the best, if not the best biking state in the nation.  Trails in corner canyon, with Clarks, Rush (the new end of which is a blast) , Ghost falls and Canyon Hollow,  if located anywhere else, would be considered top of the list for riding (believe me I have seen pictures of other states) . Here it is just taken for granted. 

But even with all the options in Utah, Corner Canyon is still a great place to bike. It's nice to see a city set it as a priority and put the resources in place to make it happen. If you have never checked it out, look at their website then hit up their trails. 
 I know I will keep exploring it...one trail at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment